I Am Not Too Sensitive, You Are Gaslighting Me

Has anyone ever disinvited you with no explanation; you responded with dissatisfaction (who wouldn't respond with anger, sadness, or frustration from being disinvited?), and rather than the person apologizing, they accuse you as "being very sensitive." It's a common gaslighting technique when one acts rude or disrespectful. Rather than apologize, show empathy, or make it up to the individual, they shift the blame. Callous and insensitive people tend to blame others for being "too sensitive." Despite they also tend to be reactive when others act insensitive towards them. Just think of how thin-skinned Donald Trump criticizes "snowflakes" and "people who are too politically correct." When you are in a positive environment that fosters gifting, radical-inclusion, and radical self-expression like at Burning Man, it makes you realize the "mistakes" people make in the default world. A mistake is an accident. At Burning Man, it helped me recognize that the rude behavior I never encountered at Burning Man. Everyone at Burning Man makes mistakes. I think the reason I encountered disrespectful behavior at Burning Man so infrequently is because rude behavior are not usually "mistakes" but deliberate or inconsiderate actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passion, Purpose, and Providing

Nothing Hurts Like Getting Burned By a Burner